FORUMS: list search recent posts

Protools exports in FCP6

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kristine Bates
Protools exports in FCP6
on Mar 7, 2012 at 9:06:14 pm

Hello Everyone- Hoping someone may have an answer.

I am working in a dubbing department and my job is to remarry the english Voiced over file to the original video. When the actors have been recorded and the audio is edited, I get two .wav files of the whole show, one is the English VO and the other is the Music and Effects from the original video which has been edited to dip under the turkish spoken language so we can hear it softly, since he is talking on screen. The Protools editor and I use the same video in both our seq/sessions however, when i get the exported file the audio does sync. It starts off completely fine and somewhere with in the half hour show it slowy goes off sync. The beginning is synced, then the middle is slightly off then gets more and more off that by the end of the show it is off sync by 2 seconds. The video is converted from .mpg to .mov 29.97. Once the .mov is made, we do not use the .mpg any more. The .mov is used as a reference in protools, and once edited is exported to a .wav and given to marry back to the .mov in a 29.97 720x480 DV/DVCPRO -NTSC seq.

The first 9 I matched were completely fine and all of a sudden the last 4 have not matched. We have tried reconverting the video and re-editing the protools project to a new video, then exporting- One video worked and the next did not work.

Is there some setting in FCP I am missing? I have been duplicating the same seq since the first one, which worked. Is there something that is missing in the Protools export? (I don't know protools, the protools editors can't figure this out either)

Any Help would be appreciated. Thank you,
Kristine

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Protools exports in FCP6
on Mar 7, 2012 at 9:21:59 pm

Perhaps your easy setup default sequence has been changed. Sync drift is so common.

Have a look at this tutorial, particularly the second half which gives the correct procedure for importing audio into FCP.

http://library.creativecow.net/lyon_matt/fixing-fcp-assets/1

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]