FORUMS: list search recent posts

QT Change

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Edwards
QT Change
on Mar 7, 2012 at 6:50:19 pm

A few questions to those who are familiar with QT Change (specifically, this is with canon files).

When clips are brought into QTChange, it seems like it automatically reads the Time of Day timecode, and assigns this to the clips when brought into FCP. Otherwise, if you didn't use QTChange, it would just be 01:00:00:00. Is this correct?

Also, when you go to Log and Capture quicktimes that have been encoded with QTChange, Final Cut does not recognize these clips. Not that you necessarily used Log and Capture, but it does make me wonder more about what the program is in fact doing to those quicktime files.

Does QTChange allow you to change the name of the QT files?

And finally, on some mac computers QT change does not show up when opened, only giving me a blank green screen. This was on a downloaded demo version.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: QT Change
on Mar 9, 2012 at 3:45:24 am

[William Edwards] "When clips are brought into QTChange, it seems like it automatically reads the Time of Day timecode, and assigns this to the clips when brought into FCP. Otherwise, if you didn't use QTChange, it would just be 01:00:00:00. Is this correct?"

It uses the THM files. Most DSLR clips simoly don't have a tc track. You can tell qt change to use THM or not. Since theres no tc, fcp will report 00:00:00:00 unless you use the canon log and transfer plug.

[William Edwards] "Also, when you go to Log and Capture quicktimes that have been encoded with QTChange, Final Cut does not recognize these clips. Not that you necessarily used Log and Capture, but it does make me wonder more about what the program is in fact doing to those quicktime files. "

Adding a tc track that is missing from the original files. Yes, adding tc breaks the canon log and transfer plugin.

[William Edwards] "Does QTChange allow you to change the name of the QT files? "

No.

[William Edwards] "And finally, on some mac computers QT change does not show up when opened, only giving me a blank green screen. This was on a downloaded demo version. "

The developer (Bouke) is very helpful if you have problems.

Return to posts index

Eric Santiago
on Jul 12, 2016 at 5:58:50 pm

I would like to resurrect this topic.

Does this app let you burn TC on the video image?

I see the option (demo test) for burn in TC and size/position but I cant seem to get it to work.

Or is there another option out there for batch DSLR export with TC burn in?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 13, 2016 at 2:02:12 am

[Eric Santiago] "Or is there another option out there for batch DSLR export with TC burn in?"

Compressor?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]