FORUMS: list search recent posts

Change List - from FCP to Protools 10 via Cinema Tools and Conformalizer

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Roel
Change List - from FCP to Protools 10 via Cinema Tools and Conformalizer
on Mar 7, 2012 at 12:57:01 pm

Hello,

I am working in a post-production house. We're currently implementing edits on a feature AFTER final cut lockdown. Doing so, we need to roundtrip with sound to make sure they correct the audio tracks, which are being mixed in Protools 10. They are doing the conforming via Conformalizer.

What I've done is to export XML's (tried version 2 and version 5-xml's) from the final cut-sequence (S1 hereafter) and the final cut with edits-sequence (S2 hereafter), then do a File>Export>Change List in Cinema tools, using S1 as the original and S2 as the new xml. I choose XML under List Format and Continue. Then I choose Original Track: 1; New Track: 1; I do not wing anything else off (no Pull List, Discard List, Show only Changes, Combine Deletions - nothing. I've also tried winging off the "Show only Changes"-box, but that didn't help).

However, sound department has trouble using the XML-change list. The PDF that I produce using the same method (and same xls, S1 and S2) works perfectly and indicates all the cuts correctly; the only issue is that Conformalizer does not recognize the Change List-xml, which would supposedly automate the process and save us a bunch of post-time (also on future productions). Also, if I try to import the Change List-xml into FCP, FCP asks for a translation document. Why is that?

What am I doing wrong?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Simon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]