FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capturing Analog Video and Audio

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Frank Cervarich
Capturing Analog Video and Audio
on Mar 6, 2012 at 4:36:39 pm

I am using FCP7.0.3. I am running it on OS 10.6.8 and 2 X 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xenon system. I have AJA LHi to bring in beta footage. Here's my problem.

When I capture beta footage, I get great video but no audio. I have checked my beta deck and the tape. There is audio on the tape and I can hear it when I plug into the deck. I have tested my cables and they are all good. I am hooked up to the analog 'in' ports on the AJA board. I do not see audio signal when I am in capture mode and play my deck. I do have control of the deck from capture mode in FCP. I have played around with the capture settings but that doesn't seem to change anything. I hooked the beta deck up through my DV deck/firewire and got the same result - great video and no audio.

Any suggestions about what I am doing wrong here or how to fix this problem. I've got a client breathing down my neck so an answer would really straighten me out. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Eric Strand
Re: Capturing Analog Video and Audio
on Mar 6, 2012 at 5:10:32 pm

Since you got the same result from firewire it sounds like it's a deck issue. I can't be for certain, but that's what your troubleshooting seems to indicate. I would scour the deck manual for any type of audio output settings.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 6, 2012 at 5:23:52 pm

How did you monitor audio from the deck? Can you use the same outputs when plugging into the LHi?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Sanders
on Mar 6, 2012 at 5:57:59 pm

In the Kona set up utility app, have you definitely got analogue audio selected as the input?

Its under audio setup I think - I don't have the utility on the computer I'm doesn't have it installed so this is from memory.

Michael Sanders
London Based DP/Editor

Return to posts index

Frank Cervarich
on Mar 6, 2012 at 6:22:50 pm

Thanks all for your suggestions. I called AJA and it turned out I needed to download a driver update and then make the proper settings. That fixed it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]