FORUMS: list search recent posts

Image in image: playing two clips at the same time

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wouter Servaas
Image in image: playing two clips at the same time
on Mar 6, 2012 at 12:39:23 am

With iMovie it is possible to add a clip inset to a clip. Also with Sony Vegas it is possible to split up your screen and play two clips at the same time.
I have searched Final Cut Pro's help index, as well as the forums here, but I haven't figured out whether this is possible with FCP as well. Thus, my question:

Is it possible (and if so, how?) to add clip insets to other clips in FCP? And if this is possible, can I also trim the size and shape of the inset? In iMovie it is only possible - as far as I know - to have a rectangular inset of which the proportions are fixed. What I would like to know is whether in FCP I can alter the proportions of the inset so that, for example, the inset and the other clip are of equal size (i.e. inset on the left half of the screen and the other clip on the right half).

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
Re: Image in image: playing two clips at the same time
on Mar 7, 2012 at 3:41:40 pm

All of what you need is both possible and easy to do in FCP.

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

Wouter Servaas
Re: Image in image: playing two clips at the same time
on Mar 7, 2012 at 5:53:31 pm

It's good to know that it is an easy thing to do. However, I haven't figured out yet how to get FCP to play two clips at the same time. I searched and browsed the Help section, but also there I couldn't find an answer. It might be that, because English isn't my first language, I use the wrong keywords in search. So, can you please explain me how I can edit a video in FCP so I can play two clips at the same time?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]