FORUMS: list search recent posts

ICloud,Leopard,Lion, and FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Mulryan
ICloud,Leopard,Lion, and FCP
on Mar 2, 2012 at 2:30:46 pm

The day of reckoning is upon us sinners still using Leopard and FCP 7
In 3 months I will be loosing my mobile me account and have to update my system to Lion to use ICloud.
Problem is I have FCP running on my 2008 Mac Pro and on my 2011 MBPro. Also using all my spare drives in the MacPro as an internal RAID. It is going to be incredibly time consuming to partition my drives and do a clean install on two computers Both computers have been cloned onto separate drives using Carbon Copy.
Can I upgrade to Lion without doing a clean install on my two computer's internal drives and then use my Leopard cloned drives to boot using firewire when I need FCP?

James Mulryan
Sunset Park Media, LLC
Santa Monica, CA
info@jamesmulryan.com

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: ICloud,Leopard,Lion, and FCP
on Mar 2, 2012 at 4:35:11 pm

Not sure if you understand that FCP runs just fine under Lion. So there would be no need to boot off external fw drives to run FCP. I can't see how that would be beneficial.

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: ICloud,Leopard,Lion, and FCP
on Mar 2, 2012 at 6:29:36 pm

I think the best thing to do is create a separate partition for FCP 7 and run it on Leopard or Snow Leopard... do a dual boot system.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]