FORUMS: list search recent posts

feature conform

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Huggins
feature conform
on Mar 1, 2012 at 7:17:14 pm

FCP gurus,

We are conforming a feature with Red Raw from an offline. We have a feature with 15TB of original media. We have an EDL from FCP. How can we use the EDL to only pull in the raw media needed for the final DI? In essence media manage or ‘batch capture’ shots with handles. My team says ALL the media has to be on the SAN before it can link to the right shots.

Is there no way to bring in portions of the cut from each drive in source order? Are there other programs to manage this inport to my SAN?

I have a 8 day turnaround on thie project. Help!

Thanks, Film Joe

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: feature conform
on Mar 1, 2012 at 10:27:51 pm

What program are you using to do the conform? Color, da Vinci, Red Cine X, Scratch, Premiere Pro??

There may be better ways than an EDL and the total workflow may matter to the question of media management. I suspect you could move just certain folders with selected media, but often in file based systems, having the total file structure matters. I have often relinked FCP XMLs and AVID EDLs to r3d media in Color, but I had all the media.I suspect I didn't need all the media, just the shots but within the file structure that indicates the source reel.

Breaking a whole shot into final shots with handles will probably not be possible but selected whole takes might. With this sort of project, I wouldn't wait till the end to test a workflow like this.

Try the RED forums as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]