FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 pixel aspect ratio sequence setting problem - different size pictures in same sequence????

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adrienne Gittus
FCP 7 pixel aspect ratio sequence setting problem - different size pictures in same sequence????
on Feb 29, 2012 at 6:27:14 am

HELP!!!!!

A project I am currently working on has video clips which have come out three different size/shapes. Is this a pixel aspect ratio problem, as they were all filmed using the same camera settings? They were filmed in 1080p, FXP, with a 24p frame rate on a Canon XA10. I have set the sequence settings to:

frame size: 1440x1080
pixel aspect ratio: HD (1140x1080)
editing timebase: 23.98
compressor: XDCAM HD 24p (35mps)

At the moment some of the video appears stretched. If i change the pixel aspect ratio to square, it mostly seems in proportion but still three different sizes. Also some of the video clips fill the canvas screen while others have a black border all around (widescreen??)

How do I fix this problem without having to start the editing process all over again???

Thanks
Adi

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: FCP 7 pixel aspect ratio sequence setting problem - different size pictures in same sequence????
on Feb 29, 2012 at 1:16:38 pm

Post the exact sizes and frame rates of the three different types of footage you have.

Are they different from each other or?

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]