FORUMS: list search recent posts

Xanadu. Yes, that Xanadu

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Madison Premo
Xanadu. Yes, that Xanadu
on Feb 28, 2012 at 9:46:17 pm

I have a client re-creating scenes from the 80's movie Xanadu. Basically, I need to put a glow around the actress like this:

http://www.donosdump.com/movie/oddsandends/12.html

If anyone has any idea what to do, I could sure use the help!

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Xanadu. Yes, that Xanadu
on Feb 28, 2012 at 10:20:29 pm

There's plug-ins that do this, Trapcode Shine comes to mind. If they are keyed on their own layer, you can do all kinds of cool edge effects and glows really easily. I have a free plug-in on my mac called "Godrays", might work for you, can't remember at the moment where I got it....

I'm a huge ELO fan, and even *I* hate Xanadu. For a minute I thought you meant "Xanadu: The Foam House Of Tomorrow" in Wisconsin, instead.

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
on Feb 29, 2012 at 4:35:13 am

Entertaining film with some of ELOs best stuff. Hokey at times The dance scene with Olivia and Gene Kelly was well shot.

Youre working on the Blu Ray release huh? Instant buy for me

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Feb 29, 2012 at 4:50:38 am

God rays is included with FCP.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 29, 2012 at 4:24:37 pm

[Mark Suszko] "For a minute I thought you meant "Xanadu: The Foam House Of Tomorrow" in Wisconsin, instead."

Hmmm, I thought of Charles Foster Kane's estate in Citizen Kane. I live right next to Wisconsin; I'll have to check out that foam house.

Plenty of off-the-wall stuff in Wisconsin: the Mustard Museum, the Toilet museum in Kohler, the House On The Rock... the list goes on.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dennis Leppell
on Feb 29, 2012 at 4:12:07 pm

if they are on greenscreen, white drop shadow, with distance set to zero, softness and opacity set to 100. Duplicate and stack the layers if you need a stronger effect.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Feb 29, 2012 at 5:08:32 pm

Or duplicate the layer and fill the alpha with white and blur and transparency to taste.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]