FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Random Crash on Export

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Dannunzio
Final Cut Random Crash on Export
on Feb 28, 2012 at 8:31:23 pm

I have tried to export a 1.5 hr long audio and video file from Final Cut Pro 6 and it randomly crashes FCP. I cannot get a full export. It has something to do with this particual project as I have exported others just fine. It says File error. Thoughts?

Footage is Standard DV 4:3

Sequence Setting
Compressor DVC/PRO50
Frame Size NTSC DV (3:2)

Much appreciated

Mark

Mark Dannunzio

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Final Cut Random Crash on Export
on Feb 29, 2012 at 1:40:27 am

Is there a reason you've set the sequence settings to be DVCPRO50 when the source is plain dV? Could be part of the problem...

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Mark Dannunzio
on Feb 29, 2012 at 1:21:27 pm

I changed the sequence settings to DVCPRO/NTSC like I've always used and Final Cut quit half way through again while using compressor. Not sure what's happening. Thanks

Mark Dannunzio

Return to posts index

Edward Brosens
on Feb 29, 2012 at 9:17:35 pm

What happens if you don't use compressor and export it right away from FCP with the current video settings? ( Command + E)

Is the sequence completely rendered out? (even the green lines)

Another option is to nest the complete sequence into another sequence. you can do this by selecting all of the clips and press option + c, press OK then save your project first and render it out.

Return to posts index

Mark Dannunzio
on Mar 1, 2012 at 5:28:09 pm

I tried all of this and no luck. FCP seems to get hung up on a specific frame, then crashes. FCP also crashes half way through the "green" render. I've never seen this before.

Mark Dannunzio

Return to posts index

Edward Brosens
on Mar 1, 2012 at 6:02:35 pm

Obviously there's something wrong with the footage.
However, you can render out the sequence piece by piece with a selection of a few clips at a time.
Or if you're rendering a nested sequence then make sure nothing on the timeline is selected and render out small sections using in and out points.

Make sure to save your project each time you succeed in rendering a part of the sequence.
By the time you reach the corrupted footage you will know wich part is causing the problem.

Then you can delete or recapture that piece of footage to fix your problem.
Or just find another shot that works just as well.

Return to posts index

Mark Dannunzio
on Mar 1, 2012 at 7:21:29 pm

Ok, I will give that a try. Thanks for your time. :)

Mark Dannunzio

Return to posts index

Eric Johnson
on Mar 2, 2012 at 2:16:12 am

If you locate the corrupted media, I have found that the issue tends to be a corrupt "clip" in FCP. Not necessarily the actual media. So be for you try and recreate the media from tape, or wherever it came from, try reimporting, reconnecting won't fix it because the actual FCP "clip/pointer/alias" is broken, and over cut it.

Also, as far as locating the bad frame... If you know about what % it consistently crashes at, then you can change the TC display to be frames (right click a TC field in Canvas, select frames) and you can get a pretty good approximation by figuring the percentage of the frame count.

Another thing to look for, if you have stills in you timeline, any still that is larger than 3.5k in either direction will usually cause FCP to crap out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]