FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 crashes while capturing HDV via Firewire after three minutes

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marshall Thompson
FCP7 crashes while capturing HDV via Firewire after three minutes
on Feb 28, 2012 at 3:02:54 pm

Hi, guys, I work on an Intel 8-core Mac Pro, mid 2010, FCP v 7 and it suddenly has started crashing final cut - not Mac OS X - while capturing HDV footage via firewire to prorez HQ. Everything else is normal, edit flow is unchanged once data is in. I ran tech tools deluxe and it indicated a problem with vram. I then spoke with Applecare and of course they don't support FCP7 anymore but were helpful with the global condition of my Mac Pro. Took the box over to Thousand Oaks Apple store and they ran a diagnostic right then and it came up clean, so we know the hardware is OK. I went to trash the preferences but cold not find the file - surprise. Everyone is saying clean reinstall FCP7 but over the years - having bought the software legitimately since the beginning of time - all I have in hand is an upgrade package. All software upgrades on the Mac are up to date. I can capture three minutes at a time but it's killing me and then I have to knit together all these short sequences. Suggestions?

Marshall Thompson,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved