COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Hartel
Multi Clip Connection Issue
on Feb 27, 2012 at 7:34:04 pm

Hi,

This is one of those times one should just pick up the phone and call
Philip Hodgetts.

I've been trading project files (cuts) back and forth over the web with the office, working off drives at home. We're cutting a poker show with 7 cams - so 9UP in the Viewer. Suddenly, at one point during the edit, something must have gotten corrupted, not with the media files, but the project files - because I can no longer match back to the 9UP multiclips. I get 1. General Error, and a white screen. When I pull up the clip overlays, it shows the clips there, I just can't see the image. This travels with the cut when I dropbox it back. It seems to have also infected previous versions, I can't go back and find a clean cut that doesn't have the same problem. (Unless I go back to the rough files.)

When I change the VIEWER to 4UP, I can view four cameras, but if I try to change it back to 9, the Viewer goes White.

Don't know enough about metadata issues to know where the solution might be. (Besides starting over, yeah, I get that.) BTW, all the cameras are there, and fully functional in the Timeline. I can swap them out, with keystrokes or right-clicking, I just can't pull them all up in the VIEWER to screen them there. And we're worried that it will cause problems with finishing, down the line.

Thoughts? Guidance?

Anything would be appreciated.

Paul

Return to posts index

Paul Hartel
Re: Multi Clip Connection Issue
on Feb 27, 2012 at 7:34:38 pm

P.S. Working in FCP 7.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Multi Clip Connection Issue
on Feb 27, 2012 at 11:03:57 pm

[Paul Hartel] "This is one of those times one should just pick up the phone and call
Philip Hodgetts."

You need to meet Mitch Jacobson!
http://www.focalpress.com/books/broadcast/mastering_multi-camera_editing.as...

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]