FORUMS: list search recent posts

Bad/blurred/jumpy motion graphics after export in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ashley vonClausburg
Bad/blurred/jumpy motion graphics after export in FCP
on Feb 27, 2012 at 4:58:31 pm

Hi all,

I posted this a week or so ago but didn't get a response, so I thought I'd give it one more shot, as I'm still at a loss!

I'm not a video professional by any means, but am putting together a short video for my company that is mostly high-res images, motion graphics, and text, with a bit of video.

All of the Motion graphics and sequence settings are 1920x1080, XDCAM EX 1080i50 - the same settings at the short video clips that are included. However the quality of the graphics look really bad on export. Particularly the opening title sequence and a series of pictures that move across the screen.

I tried just exporting it as a QT movie with all of the current settings and everything is blurred and not clean-looking. (As seen here:

I also tried exporting using QT conversion with H.264 compression, 1920x1080 HD. The graphics look cleaner but there were white lines through anything that moves across the screen. I did check deinterlace source video.

This video will mostly likely be used just as an embedded video on a website through youtube, but may be played over a projector on a large screen at some point.

Once again, any and all feedback would be more than appreciated!!

-Ashely

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Bad/blurred/jumpy motion graphics after export in FCP
on Feb 27, 2012 at 5:50:19 pm

Use a ProRes sequence. XDCAM is a GOP format that is lossy, and doesn't really have a solid frame rate. meaning that there are only a few real frames, and the rest in between is all guesswork. VERY GOOD guess work, but not I Frame like ProRes.

Make a new sequence...ProRes 422...copy and paste the footage into it. Render. Then look.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ashley vonClausburg
on Feb 27, 2012 at 6:35:41 pm

Hi Shane,

Thanks so much for the quick feedback! Once I put it in the new sequence, how should I export it? Just as a QT movie, with all the settings the same?

Thanks again!!

-Ashley

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 27, 2012 at 6:58:24 pm

[Ashley vonClausburg] " how should I export it? Just as a QT movie, with all the settings the same?
"

Exactly.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Ashley vonClausburg
on Feb 28, 2012 at 2:28:36 pm

Hi Shane,

Thank you so much for your help! I'm sorry to bug you again but I tried having the sequence set up the way you outlined, and I'm still getting the same result (blurred, jagged movement) as seen here in the opening and at 27 seconds

Is it possible there is a problem with my Motion project settings for those two graphics? They are both:
XDCAM EX 1080i50
1920x1080
25fps

The sequence setting in FCP is:
1920x1080 HDTV1080i
Editing time base: 25
Compressor: Apple ProRes 422

Because I changed the compressor in FCP should I also change it in my motion projects?

Your help is beyond appreciated!! I am absolutely as lost as I seem :-)

-Ashely

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 28, 2012 at 5:51:51 pm

Use ProREs in your Motion Projects...not XDCAM.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]