FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVC Intra 50M 1080i50

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chan Pol
AVC Intra 50M 1080i50
on Feb 27, 2012 at 1:06:11 pm

Hi,
i am fairly new to fcp as i was previously a windows user.

I have a video project in hand which was in MXF format.

From MXF -> Log and transfer -> the file is seen as a Apple AVC Intra 50m 1080i50m 25fps

Client wants to play back full res full quality on his quicktime( he is not an editor nor has fcp ).

This is what i did.
From the scratch folder, i pumped all the .mov into a hard disk and passed to him. He got back to me saying that the file needs ai55 codec. Upon further research, i found that ai55 is a editable extension for fcp.
He then told me that he wants the project in full res full quality in Apple Pro Res 422 playable on Quicktime.

1st Question
Now, i have managed to export the file as Pro res 422 but the file size seems to be half of the source file. I contacted the client and told him that the size is such and he is asking me for an explaination on why i have compressed the file to a lower quality etc etc. Can some experts in here help me out in here? What should the explaination be? Since he wants it in full res full quality without any stepdown..is there any other format that i should be looking at?

2nd Question
Is there any codec out there that i can just plugin to qt library folder to get the files to play?

Thanks in advance all!
God Bless

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: AVC Intra 50M 1080i50
on Feb 27, 2012 at 3:29:31 pm

If your sequence is ProRes 422, all you need to do is export a Quicktime Movie...self contained, sequence settings, do not recompress. That will be a full quality QT file. Your client then needs to have Quicktime 7.6 installed in order to see this file.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Chan Pol
on Feb 27, 2012 at 3:36:28 pm

Hi Shane, thank you for the response.

My sequence is in Pro Res 422 now and have just exported it out as you mentioned.

May I ask why the file size of the uncompressed QT file as u mentioned differ in size that much from the source file?

Sorry for this newbie question.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 27, 2012 at 4:12:33 pm

Is it EXACTLY the same length?

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Chan Pol
on Feb 27, 2012 at 4:26:09 pm

Hi Shane,

yes its the same length.

Return to posts index

Chan Pol
on Feb 27, 2012 at 4:51:18 pm

Hi Shane,

i am working on the clip right now and i saw this:

If i were to bring the file in natively in log and transfer, the file is a AVCintra with a data rate 7.4Mbs. If i tweak the settings in L&T to Apple Pro Res HQ, the data rare is 3.5Mbs. So this clearly shows that it is half of the source file. Can this be tweaked to 7.4Mbs? Will there be a diff?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 27, 2012 at 5:48:47 pm

There won't be a difference. FCP doesn't support AVCintra Native anyway, so either use a ProRes sequence, or convert the footage to ProRes.

Unsure why the file sizes are different.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

Chan Pol
on Feb 27, 2012 at 6:48:53 pm

I have attached 2 images:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]