FORUMS: list search recent posts

Settings for a project with mostly pictures and text?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Grant Wilber
Settings for a project with mostly pictures and text?
on Feb 25, 2012 at 6:24:07 pm

I'm doing a project in FCP that will mostly be pictures with text/graphics I create in LiveType or Photoshop and a few after effects titles. There will be some video here and there, but mostly text/pictures.

What should I put my settings on? I'm doing 1080, but should I keep it 30fps? What compressor should I use?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Settings for a project with mostly pictures and text?
on Feb 25, 2012 at 6:40:26 pm

How will the final project be shown? Sequence settings are based on either what you shot, or what you are mastering to.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Grant Wilber
on Feb 25, 2012 at 7:29:05 pm

It will be staying digital. This is for an event so will be shown over projector from a computer. But then it will just be online video after that.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Feb 25, 2012 at 7:35:46 pm

[Grant Wilber] "This is for an event so will be shown over projector from a computer. "

Shane is 100% on the mark with his earlier advice.

So, what you want to do is to determine the native resolution of the projector, then set your sequence settings to match, using ProRes 422 as the codec. And, since your material is frames, not interlaced video, your sequence should be progressive, or "none," as far as field dominance goes.

David Roth Weiss
ProMax Systems
Burbank
DRW@ProMax.com
http://www.ProMax.com

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]