FORUMS: list search recent posts

Basic still animation as part of panned montage? Video within IMAGE of text effect?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Slaughter
Basic still animation as part of panned montage? Video within IMAGE of text effect?
on Feb 25, 2012 at 12:19:42 am

Me: Newbie FCP / FCP X user.
Issue: Can't find straight up tutorials or instructions for the following:

1. Basic animation: As my still montage pans from one end to the other, I want some parts of the montage to change - ie there is a face image i want to fade into another face and another, as the whole thing moves from right to left. The only way I can think of to do this is to duplicate the whole montage and pan functions, with the duplicate montage having the changed element (ie changed face image) and then somehow using a faded transition effect. Is there an easier way to do this?

ie: this is *exactly* the effect I want to achieve: see 1'14 onward >>>

remember to skip to 1'14.

If there's a way to do this easily in motion, as someone at 2-pop suggested, fine, but I can't find any tutorials to explain how. All I can find about motion is how to use those cheesy pre-made opening credits animations and stuff. Yuck. I'd really prefer to do this all within FCP X if possible.

2. How to use text *images* with video? I know how to create video effects within text. However, what about doing the same thing with an *image* ?

this shows the basic effect, but only using actual text. How do i do this using an *image* of text...?

Presumably stencil alpha settings could be used - but does my text image have to be B/W? What if I want to use a different BG colour for my text image...?

Cheers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]