FORUMS: list search recent posts

Default Final Cut Pro sequence for building reels?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Kreuter
Default Final Cut Pro sequence for building reels?
on Feb 24, 2012 at 6:54:07 pm

At my company we do a lot of building of reels to show work that include a wide range of media.motion graphics, stills, 24fps footage, some 29.97fps, footage, etc. My question would be is there a recommended standard final cut pro sequence setup best for this? The end videos would usually be shown on the web or might perhaps be burned on to a DVD later. I have made some reels with settings of.... 1920x1080 proRes 29.97fps. and then also made some reels at... 1920x1080 proRes 23.98fps. Is there any benefit to one setup over the other?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Default Final Cut Pro sequence for building reels?
on Feb 24, 2012 at 7:00:14 pm

ProRes is a good sequence setting, but mixing frame rates in FCP is NOT wise. FCP does it all wrong. You will need to conform everything to one frame rate.

Or get an NLE that mixes frame rates better, like Avid, Premiere Pro CS 5.5, FCX...

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Default Final Cut Pro sequence for building reels?
on Feb 25, 2012 at 4:30:17 am

The best FCP 7 can offer is a 720p60 sequence. It will actually deal with 24, 30 & 30i correctly in the same sequence. If you then need to go to SD on a DVD, you simply run it through After Effects or compressor to interlace it. The 24p would end up with interlaced pulldown, 30p would still be 30p, and 60p and 30i material would become/stay 30i. Works great.

Putting 30 fps into 24 fps doesn't look pretty. Why would anyone want to strip away temporal data like that?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]