FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVCHD clips do not show up in Log & Transfer window

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Bernet
AVCHD clips do not show up in Log & Transfer window
on Feb 24, 2012 at 3:05:48 am

I am a high school video production teacher and sometimes use a Canon HF20 video cam. The .MTS video clips show up fine in Log & Transfer on my iMac at home with FCP 7. In school we have FCP 6.0.6. The Log & Transfer feature has always worked with this camera on the school iMacs (as recently as last week), but suddenly clips no longer show up in the L & T window. The window remains blank and idle. I immediately tested the camera with L&T on the home iMac and it continues to work fine. I've now tried the camera with 6 of our 21 classroom iMacs and am wondering what could have changed in the last week. Is there a setting or parameter that needs to be checked on the iMacs? Any advice would be appreciated.

Bob Bernet
High School Broadcast Production Instructor
Dallas, TX
http://web2.airmail.net/willdogs

Return to posts index

Dave Craig
Re: AVCHD clips do not show up in Log & Transfer window
on Feb 24, 2012 at 5:10:13 am

Yup! I have noticed the same thing on my MacPro this week!! AVCHD clips all show a frozen thumbnail and the correct in and out times when a card is loaded however when you try to transfer, it's as though the card isn't loaded at all. They all just fail. Everything works fine with P2 DVCProHD from the HPX170, but nothing from the HMC150s.

Interesting side note: My MacBook Pro is working just fine with FCP 7.0, My MacPro is running 7.03.. Wonder if the update might have caused this..

Dave

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Feb 24, 2012 at 6:10:58 am

7.0.3 has been around for a long time and I haven't seen this reported before. Is there perhaps something else that has been updated like OS? Has other software like FCPX been installed on these systems?

Return to posts index

Dave Craig
on Feb 24, 2012 at 7:34:11 am

I am wondering if the difference is 7.03 in conjunction with LION. Both systems have X installed and Lion but the MBP doesn't have the 7.03 update.

The clips show up but all the thumbnails are the same image and nothing will transfer. Hopping around some of the other forums and there are a few people having this problem..

I am going to try to reinstall FCP7 without the update and test it, but I won't have time for a few weeks.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Feb 24, 2012 at 10:11:25 am

Try copying the full folder structure on the camera inside another folder in your HD.
Then point L&T to that folder.
My L&T works great on FC 7.3.
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]