FORUMS: list search recent posts

Window Layout Ideas

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steve goldberg
Window Layout Ideas
on Feb 23, 2012 at 11:17:19 pm

I'm trying to save a window layout where the video tab of the viewer and the color-corrector 3-way filter tab are always visible as separate windows for each clip I double click in the browser. Basically, I have an FCP project that is essentially a B-Roll project and all editors access this project for their broll source materials. I want to have all these broll shots color corrected so that the editors don't have to do it again for the many projects this footage will be used for.

Maybe what I should be doing is bringing all the clips into a sequence, color correct them, and then bring them back to the browser? My first thought was to avoid the sequence completely and do it using the cc and video windows (after having added the cc 3-way filter to all the clips) and color correct them one at a time.

Not sure if this makes sense. I'm just trying to have all the master clips in the browser be color corrected for whoever uses them in the future. All the footage is arranged in a very specific bin structure. Since the filter tab defaults to the same window as the video tab, no matter how I arrange the windows, when I double click a browser item, the windows re-combine into the viewer window. Is there a way I can save the windows so video and filters are not recombined? Or does double clicking automatically do this?

Thanks!

Steve

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Window Layout Ideas
on Feb 24, 2012 at 2:13:23 am

You can drag tabs out of the viewer and put them all over, but they aren't save able and won't stay that way for the next clip. So, no.

I guess you can't see the clip on your external monitor when the viewer is obscured by the color corrector? Your sequence idea might be your most efficient bet.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]