FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor Settings for a Slow computer

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jared Smith
Compressor Settings for a Slow computer
on Feb 23, 2012 at 5:39:18 pm

Hey guys,
I have a 3 minute video clip that was shot in HD. I drug that file onto the FCP 7 timeline. Then sent to compressor. I burnt a DVD in "best quality" and then took it over to the old PC laptop that it is going to be played on... the computer was too slow... the video footage was lagging and could not get close to keeping up.
I was going to upload the video to youtube and then download it from youtube as a FLV file and drag that file onto the laptop but surely there is a compressor setting that you guys can help me with that will reduce the file size for the laptop to be able to play...
The quality is really not too big of a deal and i should have shot it in SD probably. I just need to drag a file onto this old PC that will play in QT without all the lagging.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Compressor Settings for a Slow computer
on Feb 23, 2012 at 6:06:11 pm

[Jared Smith] "...I burnt a DVD in "best quality" and then took it over to the old PC laptop that it is going to be played on... the computer was too slow... the video footage was lagging and could not get close to keeping up...."

Wait a minute: did this old PC have a DVD player application on it? Did you make an AUTHORED DVD or a DATA DVD?

If it was an authored DVD -- the kind you watch in a DVD player -- it appears that the problem lies not in the DVD, but in the PC: it has a DVD player that can't play DVDs!

If you're talking a data DVD, why don't you make sure this PC has quicktime installed on it and make an H.264 file using Compressor? Copy the file to the hard drive and play away.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]