FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD OUTPUT > FROM MAC TO TV (cord)

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James de Boer
HD OUTPUT > FROM MAC TO TV (cord)
on Feb 23, 2012 at 6:07:09 am

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a full HD MAC> TV (via HDMI IN) cord that would serve as a second monitor attached to my macbook pro. I was thinking of setting up the TV as my playback monitor and have the timeline over on the macbook screen in FCP. I've tried a couple and it looked alright but wasn't full screen in HD. Could it be because my resolution can't get that high off my comp? I have a MacBook Pro with a 13'' screen!!! Anyone??

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: HD OUTPUT > FROM MAC TO TV (cord)
on Feb 23, 2012 at 1:34:51 pm

The output of your computer is a Computer signal not a TV signal. As you have noticed their is a difference in quality.

Matrox, AJA and Blackmagic make devices that properly display a video image from your FCP timeline.
If your 13" MBP has FW800 and/or Thunderbolt port, you can connect to those devices.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 23, 2012 at 3:30:29 pm

The only IO device that works via FW800 is the AJA IO HD. But there are more than a few Thunderbolt options.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

James de Boer
on Feb 23, 2012 at 8:02:02 pm

I do have fw800, not sure about thunderbolt. My MacBook is a couple years old now... Thinking of upgrading to a MacPro tower in the near future and running my 32'' lcd TV as my monitor (until I save up the funds for a couple solid monitors) but wanted to test it out with my MacBook Pro first to see if it was even worth while doing... Suggestions?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 23, 2012 at 8:11:53 pm

The only option you have is the AJA IO HD. $3500. That is the only firewire800 IO box made.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]