FORUMS: list search recent posts

Confusion in creating timeline...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
vineet das
Confusion in creating timeline...
on Feb 23, 2012 at 5:36:17 am

Hi there

My producer give me footages of various varieties like hd sd which have different frame sizes & captured through various codecs.

I generally have to create a film from a mixed variety of footages.

Now the problem is what would we the appropriate timeline for me to work on. (which should not ask me for rendering again & again)

Pls help

Vineet
(Trying to Rise)

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
Re: Confusion in creating timeline...
on Feb 23, 2012 at 10:03:41 am

To reduce your rendering needs, try to work in the format which best matches the majority of your footage. That said, you'll almost certainly want to make sure that your choose working format is an native FCP one ... and that you turn on "Unlimited RT" in your timeline RT menu (button at top left of timeline).

Good luck
Andy

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Confusion in creating timeline...
on Feb 23, 2012 at 6:27:16 pm

The proper timeline is simple. What format do they want? HD? SD? 24p? 29.97? If they don't care then it's a judgement call on your part. But if you're using HD footage, I'd work in HD, even if the majority is SD. Unless specifically you know that you will never need an HD output. Clients often ask for an HD copy or a widescreen copy after a SD project is finished.

If all you care about is rendering, then work in a timeline that matches the majority of your footage. But it needs to be a format supported by FCPs RT presets. For example if your footage is h264, or other distribution formats then you'll need to convert those to an editing codec like ProRes first.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]