FORUMS: list search recent posts

Really Need a solution for Multicam Editing up to 10-11 tracks. Too powerful even with Prores Proxys

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kiya Paris
Really Need a solution for Multicam Editing up to 10-11 tracks. Too powerful even with Prores Proxys
on Feb 23, 2012 at 3:23:45 am

Hi if anyone could advise looking for some answers. Im used to editing on much powerful systems however right now im on my little ole laptop macbook pro 2.66ghz, corei7, 4gigs. So Even with me using Prores Proxys my system still cant handle multicam editing 10 tracks. cant streamline them without stoping skipping frames etc... I really need an alternative. Is there any possible way of making lighter files to be able to cut smoothly with this many tracks with my system. Im not worried about affects. I have way too many takes in this video to manually edit them, it must be done in multicam. ;-( lol.

FYI - using FC7 and i transcoded my original T3i files to Prores 422 then to Proxys via Compressor.

Someone please Advise.

" You can always get back what was lost except time wasted, so what are you waiting for"

Return to posts index

Kiya Paris
Re: Really Need a solution for Multicam Editing up to 10-11 tracks. Too powerful even with Prores Proxys
on Feb 23, 2012 at 3:51:08 am

Dag nobody?

" You can always get back what was lost except time wasted, so what are you waiting for"

Return to posts index

Mark Raudonis
Re: Really Need a solution for Multicam Editing up to 10-11 tracks. Too powerful even with Prores Proxys
on Feb 23, 2012 at 3:53:23 am

We use "Off-line RT HD". Picture is very compressed, but we can regularly go up to 24 cameras
with no dropped frames.

For info on how to create these light weight proxies, see the manual.

mark

Return to posts index

Kiya Paris
on Feb 23, 2012 at 4:40:04 am

Thanks Mark for your prompt response. I don't have the "manual" but im sure its online somewhere. Thanks will researh Offline RT HD. Im just hoping that with me already transcoding my originals via a third party instead of Log and Transfer wont make a difference but i definitely have a feeling it does. And the only reason why i did it that why is because some reason FCP never recognizes my T3i folders when trying to pull them in Log and Transfer. The structure always remained the same, everything copied as is from the card so i dont understand. Never a problem with 5D or 7D or 60D... so im always forced to use Mpeg streamclip...

Return to posts index

Jon Frost
on Feb 27, 2012 at 12:21:25 am

Klya:

If you can boost the DIMM in your MacBook that will help out with realtime rendering and such. The next thing is to set up a RAID (1 or 5 preferable) Using RT HD codec will help out quite a bit. Do you have all your original footage backed up to another HDD? Hope so.

Practice with a couple of files... open them in FCP7 and Log and Transfer them using RT HD codec. Save the files to an external drive. This will speed up your L&T time. Remember, 7,200RPM drive... the bigger the better.

Also remember to use Logical File Management so you can find all your files and FCP can find them when it comes time to Render your final Sequence.

email me for more info @ meowmix48@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Kiya Paris
on Feb 28, 2012 at 8:34:30 pm

Thank you Jon for your response!! Yes I did take the advice of Mark and used the offline RT HD with finding the tutorial on here it helped alot. However because i was already mid workflow i had to do it in a strange way. But im glad i know the answer for now on!

Bless both of you! oh i will email you Jon in regards to the additional information

Best regards,
Swany

Return to posts index

Jon Frost
on Feb 27, 2012 at 12:22:02 am

Klya:

If you can boost the DIMM in your MacBook that will help out with realtime rendering and such. The next thing is to set up a RAID (1 or 5 preferable) Using RT HD codec will help out quite a bit. Do you have all your original footage backed up to another HDD? Hope so.

Practice with a couple of files... open them in FCP7 and Log and Transfer them using RT HD codec. Save the files to an external drive. This will speed up your L&T time. Remember, 7,200RPM drive... the bigger the better.

Also remember to use Logical File Management so you can find all your files and FCP can find them when it comes time to Render your final Sequence.

email me for more info @ meowmix48@gmail.com

Jon Frost

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]