FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP6 install on Snow Leopard wont install

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>

paolo zuniga
FCP6 install on Snow Leopard wont install
on Feb 22, 2012 at 6:02:08 pm

Hi, I recently had to clean out my Macbook Drive and install Snow Leopard as the operating system. I've been re-installing some of my programs, such as Logic, with no problem. But last night I began installing FCP6 and the install seemed to run smoothly. Then I noticed that Final Cut was nowhere to be found. It seems that the installation only added: Cinematools, Color, Livetype, Motion, Dvd Studio Pro, and Sountrack Pro. Compressor and FC are nowhere to be found!

In my search for answers, I read that having installed Logic BEFORE final cut might have something to do with it. The system thinks that FC is already installed?

I re-inserted the install disk and then I noticed that in the initial setup, FC and Compressor are not checked off (see image). Is this something that I need to do manually?? Did I just skip something?

Any insight is greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

paolo zuniga
Re: FCP6 install on Snow Leopard wont install
on Feb 22, 2012 at 8:26:36 pm

figure it out! thanks

Return to posts index

Steven Cohen
on Feb 22, 2012 at 9:16:38 pm

You should put what you did to fix it, not just "figured it out" so that anyone who may have a similar problem in the future could fix their problem if they come across this post.

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
on Feb 22, 2012 at 10:04:42 pm

Second that!

Return to posts index

paolo zuniga
on Feb 23, 2012 at 12:23:47 am

oh yeah, my bad!

It turns out that because I had installed Logic BEFORE Final Cut, the system assumed that FC was already installed in my computer due to a slight overlap in programming. So the unchecked boxes (see above image) are what my comp assumed was already installed when it wasn't.

Since I had just erased my drive and installed Snow Leopard, the only think on my comp was Logic. I figured I would just repeat the process, but this time install Final Cut FIRST, then Logic.

I have since done that and everything is working correctly!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]