FORUMS: list search recent posts

U.S. to France audio conversion

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Schott
U.S. to France audio conversion
on Feb 22, 2012 at 2:18:30 am

Before anything else, I do realize the difference video-wise going from US to Europe. I edit a show, and a station in France wants to pick it up. They are asking for a channel of audio. I've asked a few tech questions but the language barrier is getting in the way. Do they want me to make the show mono on one channel so they can put the translated voice on the other? It's what I've gathered but want to know of anyone with similar experiences.

Stephen Schott
12Basket Productions

"When you've got family, everything else is extra"

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: U.S. to France audio conversion
on Feb 22, 2012 at 2:28:58 am

Usual deliverables for language re-versioning for broadcast programs is to provide stem mixes - Music premix stereo, Effects premix stereo, Dialog premix mono and Narration pre mix mono (if a documentary).

They should be aif or wav files, all starting from a 2 pip or first frame of program. 16 or 24 bit, 48khz PCM.

Return to posts index

Jean-Christophe Boulay
Re: U.S. to France audio conversion
on Feb 22, 2012 at 7:33:41 pm

As always, Mr. Gissing is spot-on. But we all know standard procedure is there to be broken by weird client demands. If the stems are not what they want and you get some French rants and requirements in response, you can post them up here and I can translate them for you, if that helps. Or email me at jc_at_audioz.com

JC Boulay
Technical Director
Audio Z
Montreal, Canada
http://www.audioz.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]