FORUMS: list search recent posts

Still Frame from I/O card

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Owen
Still Frame from I/O card
on Feb 21, 2012 at 5:58:04 pm

Here's a thought. If I need to save a still frame from a timeline is there a way to capture a Tiff or DPX from what's being output from the Kona? I was hoping there would be a way of doing it from the control panel in the same way you can 'grab now' when capturing via VTR Xchange.

If not, is there a quicker/better method that anyone uses other then mark in-out, QT conversion, still frame etc...

Cheers.
Dave

Return to posts index

Chris Tompkins
Re: Still Frame from I/O card
on Feb 21, 2012 at 10:50:36 pm

While parked in your Sequence, you can "make freeze frame" from the menu.

Chris Tompkins
Video Atlanta LLC

Return to posts index

Tom Matthies
on Feb 22, 2012 at 2:58:38 pm

While parked on the still you want to export, go to Export Quicktime Conversion. Go to the pulldown menu and select Still. Go to the next pulldown menu and select the format (jpg, tiff, etc.) you want to export and the destination where you want to save the still and click OK. It will export a still with interlacing intact. You might want to deinterlace in PhotoShop depending on what the still is going to be used for.

E=MC2+/-2db

Return to posts index

David Owen
on Feb 22, 2012 at 5:04:02 pm

Thanks for the Input Chris/Tom,

What I was really wondering was - is there a way to dump a still straight from what's being output through the Kona? As in, click a button and get a nice 10bit DPX on your desktop that you can send to a DoP for a grade reference... In the same way you can when capturing through VTR Xchange. Guess not.

D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]