FORUMS: list search recent posts

How can I cut a movie into 3 separate sequences

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Makichuk
How can I cut a movie into 3 separate sequences
on Feb 20, 2012 at 10:17:43 pm

I'm editing a trailer for a movie I did in 1980 and loaded the full 87 minutes into the viewer as one sequence. Needless to say it's moving very slowly and I can't even see my in&outs. Before I just recapture the film in 3 separate sequences, just wondering is there a faster way. And yes, I do need more ram.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: How can I cut a movie into 3 separate sequences
on Feb 20, 2012 at 10:48:21 pm

Creating sequences is very easy (Apple N). That is not your problem. What codec are you using? That needs to match your sequence settings and you need to use an FCP friendly codec. Everything will playback with no problems using ProRes or DV. H.264 is no good for FCP.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Tony Brittan
on Feb 20, 2012 at 10:49:48 pm

You can take the original clip/file, open it with QuickTime Pro, select in and outs for the first piece, command - c (copy) that, then open a new blank instance of QuickTime player and command - p (paste) it. Save that and clip 1. Go back to the player window with the original, make the last out point the new in point. Select an out point, and repeat the precious steps to save the second clip, and repeat all till done. Just one way to do it.

Return to posts index

Jim Makichuk
on Feb 21, 2012 at 1:09:49 am

Thanks for your comments, I decided to just just capture it again, in 4 sections. At least that's one thing I can do. I was great in DV and FCP3, and coming to HD is a series of confusing codec problems that I just can't get.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]