FORUMS: list search recent posts

BLU-RAY authoring with Apple Compressor...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Soren Balle
BLU-RAY authoring with Apple Compressor...
on Feb 20, 2012 at 6:06:04 pm

First, excuse me posting this in the Final Cut Forum, but there is no Compressor forum, nor a Blu-ray, so this is the closest one I guess...

So, I finally managed how to author a simple blu-ray disc from Compressor. But, for some reason I cannot figure out how to burn the Blu-Ray disc from video/audio that is already encoded... It seems it needs to do the whole thing in one go; start the encoding in compressor, and then from the Inspector window / Job Action Tab, I should choose "create Blu Ray Disc, when encoding is done..."

The thing is, I only have the Blu-Ray writer for a limited time, so I would like to encode all the video beforehand, since it takes nearly 24 hours...

I have already done this, all the video and audio is encoded to "Blu-Ray" via compressor - but now I cannot author the disc???

Any help greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: BLU-RAY authoring with Apple Compressor...
on Feb 20, 2012 at 6:30:22 pm

"So, I finally managed how to author a simple blu-ray disc from Compressor. But, for some reason I cannot figure out how to burn the Blu-Ray disc from video/audio that is already encoded... It seems it needs to do the whole thing in one go; start the encoding in compressor, and then from the Inspector window / Job Action Tab, I should choose "create Blu Ray Disc, when encoding is done..."

It's a one shot thing. You need Toast or Encore to author any other way.

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Feb 20, 2012 at 8:18:14 pm

[Soren Balle] "The thing is, I only have the Blu-Ray writer for a limited time, so I would like to encode all the video beforehand, since it takes nearly 24 hours..."

If you have access to authoring software, like Toast or Encore, you should be able to create "disk image" files, which are a file which can be burned directly as a copy function to a diskwriter. I tend to do this with all my projects rather than building them every time.

jPo

You mean "Old Ben"? Ben Kenobi?

Return to posts index

Soren Balle
on Feb 21, 2012 at 2:02:46 pm

Thx for the replies - and thx Joseph, this is exactly the method I use now. Creating a blu-ray disc-image from toast...

The only thing I worry about is the quality of encoding. I have used Toast a lot for dvd authoring, but I dont like the encoding - so I've always used compressor for the encoding part.

Do you know if the blu-ray encoding quality of Toast equals the quality of compressor??

I did a little comparison, and couldnt tell any real difference - but it was a quick test, on pretty lousy footage anyway...

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
on Feb 21, 2012 at 6:31:39 pm

Use Compressor for the encoding, just set the Job Action to Create Blu-Ray Disc and set the output to Hard Drive. This will create a complete disc image suitable for burning multiple copies in Toast later.

FYI, here's where people usually post Compressor-related issues:

http://forums.creativecow.net/compressiontechniques

Return to posts index

Soren Balle
on Feb 22, 2012 at 10:31:25 pm

Thx!! Works perfect!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]