FORUMS: list search recent posts

Render Error: Insufficient disk space etc.....

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Drew Delany
Render Error: Insufficient disk space etc.....
on Feb 20, 2012 at 9:49:46 am

Hi Everyone,

Got a problem here that's making me tear my hair out! Every time I try and render the current project i'm working on it comes up with the good old "Render Error: Insufficient disk space" message. My scratch disk is definitely set to my external drive which has over a terrabyte left of space on it, and other projects render fine. The footage is in "Apple AVC-Intra 1080i" (not my choice, just been handed it) but has been rendering fine up to this point. I'm editing on a Macbook Pro with a 2.5ghz Intel Core Duo and 4GB of RAM.
I tried to render the entire timeline and every time I try it comes up with that error message. I'm about to launch the laptop out of the window; does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks for help in advance
Drew

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Render Error: Insufficient disk space etc.....
on Feb 20, 2012 at 5:17:28 pm

[Drew Delany] "I tried to render the entire timeline and every time I try it comes up with that error message."
So why don't you try to render in bunches?
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Drew Delany
on Feb 20, 2012 at 5:21:32 pm

I've tried that as well, same response. Even if I only try and render one clip at a time I still get the same message. I've no idea what's going on to be honest

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Feb 20, 2012 at 8:56:39 pm

Have you done the usual trashing of preferences and repairing permissions? Also the error message specifically says disk space rather than memory?

If you have software like Disk Warrior it might be worth running that on the external drive as well. Also don't forget to empty the trash.

Return to posts index

Kai Mariah
on Sep 25, 2012 at 5:33:00 pm

Hi,
I'm having the same issues as discussed in this thread. I'm working with HD files (for the first time). Everything is going along fine and suddenly the next time I try to render I get the Render Error: Insufficient Disk Space message. NOTE: my files have been compressed as discussed with Zoe earlier on is this thread.

I've freed up space by using the render manager (also deleting files manually), trashed the preferences, etc. Generally these actions work and I can continue working.

Today, however, I keep getting the message, despite taking all the usual steps. I even tried copying it to a new project and shutting down the computer and restarting. Nothing is working at the moment.

My internal hard drive is 1TB, of which the available space is 742 GB.

Any ideas what's going on?

Thanks.
Kai

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]