FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Output Disabled in Apple Color

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Postas
Video Output Disabled in Apple Color
on Feb 20, 2012 at 2:57:54 am

I'm working in Color 1.5.3 and Video Output is Disabled- I have another monitor connected via thunderbolt- not sure why my options are greyed-out?

Thanks

-Ryan

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Video Output Disabled in Apple Color
on Feb 20, 2012 at 3:19:08 am

Color works through an io card, not through your computer video card.
You need something like a Black Magic, Matrox or AJA.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Ryan Postas
on Feb 20, 2012 at 3:36:31 am

Thanks for the response!

I take it that has changed from FCP 6 to FCP7? I used to hook up the same monitor using FCP6 via mini dvi to hdmi with no problem.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 20, 2012 at 6:45:27 am

Now you are talking FCP, not Color. FCP gets you Digital Cinema Previewthat can work on a computer monitor. Not fully accurate, but you get full screen. Color has no option like that. Video IO device is necessary.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ryan Postas
on Feb 20, 2012 at 7:32:33 am

Sorry Shane, I should have said Studio 2 to Studio 3. My second display works fine in FCP....and when I'd send a project to Color from FCP6, the full screen preview would work when I set it to dual monitor display. Now I've upgraded to FCP7/Studio 3 and it's not working.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Feb 20, 2012 at 7:09:10 am

No that hasn't changed.
In FC and Color you can have the interface split in two monitors hooked to your computer GPU. In FC you can also have the program in one of both monitors (View > Video Playback) or on a third monitor connected to an IO card.
In Color you can have the program on the second monitor (double click the picture to make it full size -but that will hide the scope).
The "Video Output" (User Preferences) is only for when you have an external monitor connected through a video card. That video out is for good quality monitoring.
The signal you get on the monitors attached to the computer is not a full quality one.
That is for FC and for Color.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Bob Walmsley
on Apr 12, 2012 at 11:28:03 am

Hi

I'm desperately looking for a solution to use Color on my Imac with a broadcast monitor displaying video output.

Rafael, you say that you need an IO device to use the Color Video Output option. Do you know if the current thunderbolt devices (eg. Black Magic intensity extreme) will work? The reason I ask, is that in the pull-down menu in Color it only lists Firewire options (which are greyed out).

Cheers

B

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Apr 12, 2012 at 2:28:05 pm

You will only see Firewire until you install the drivers for the IO devices. BMD has options, AJA has options. Has anyone tried them and seen that they work? Dunno. They do in theory. I'm sure someone has used them...just need to find that person.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Bob Walmsley
on Apr 12, 2012 at 6:22:24 pm

Ok, thanks for your quick response. B

Return to posts index

Dingdang Ding
on Jul 12, 2013 at 5:18:47 pm

Hi Shane
I have a 13" MacBook pro, the only upgrade I did to this machine was for Ram to 8G now, I have, FCP studio3, but couldn't use color because of the resolution. Yesterday I just got a 1920x1280 big BENQ monitor and started using color, it's plugged in through firewire port. sequence sent from FCP without problem, but timeline in Color has a Red line over clips, no video preview, and the video output is disabled. Do I need to upgrade anything else on this machine or get any new devices in order to be able to use color and DaVinCi 9 Lite?
Many thanks in advance. I know these are so easy to you, but so hard to me to figure out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]