FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sync Issues.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jared Cicon
Sync Issues.
on Feb 19, 2012 at 4:22:53 pm

I'm having sync issues with video I'm creating via 'Quicktime conversion' out of FCP 7 and uploading to the internet. I am creating 1920x1080 files from 5D footage. They play great in the timeline but again, when they play on the site, there is drift.

I've checked clip properties and discovered that the VO and H4N audio is 44.1Khz, while the music bed is 48Khz. The sequence properties are 48Khz, 16-bit, channel grouped.

I'd like to know what I need to do to get all of my audio synced. Thanks everyone in advance for any help you can give me.
Jared

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Sync Issues.
on Feb 19, 2012 at 10:09:00 pm

Did you convert the H.264 files the Canon 5D produces to ProRes before you started editing? Or did you edit with the camera originals?

FCP doesn't work well with H.264 files. It may seem to go well while editing, but then many issues can arise when exporting. Loss of sync, footage getting cut off, starting late.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jared Cicon
on Feb 19, 2012 at 11:07:15 pm

Hey Shane,
I converted all files to ProRes 422 HQ. I re-checked all of them just to make sure I didn't accidentally pull a native file into the time line. All of them are ProRes.
Jared

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Feb 20, 2012 at 1:10:05 am

Use Compressor to convert your audio files to 48k Stereo AIFF files. See if that helps.

Return to posts index

Jared Cicon
on Feb 20, 2012 at 1:42:32 am

Hey John,
Could I instead convert just the music bed to 44.1 since it is the only file that is 48kHz? Then, when I export, could I not just set the audio to 44.1kHz?
Jared

Return to posts index

Doug Beal
on Feb 20, 2012 at 3:22:45 am

The reason John suggested converting your audio to 48K is, the associated audio sample rate for video is 48K. CD audio on the other hand is 44.1.
Convert your audio to 48K.

Doug Beal
Editor / Engineer
Rock Creative Images
Nashville TN

Return to posts index

Jared Cicon
on Feb 20, 2012 at 3:35:05 am

Roger that Doug. Makes perfect sense. I'll git' er done and report back tomorrow. I appreciate your assistance Shane, John and Doug.

Return to posts index

Jared Cicon
on Feb 22, 2012 at 6:17:19 am

Hey everyone. I converted all 44.1 audio to 48. Everything is working in perfect sync now. Thanks 'all' for your help on this.
Jared C.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]