FORUMS: list search recent posts

Desperate! Cannot Render or Export Suddenly--On Deadline!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave George
Desperate! Cannot Render or Export Suddenly--On Deadline!
on Feb 19, 2012 at 2:18:00 pm

Having a bit of a FCP disaster. Doing a side job for a major client and suddenly my project won't render or export. It says I don't have the CODEC, when I've never seen this error before. I've attached my Sequence Settings and the error message. Can anyone think what I might be doing wrong here? Need to get this to the client today. Panic rising!

Thanks!

Dave

Dave George
Marketing Director

Return to posts index

Dave George
Re: Desperate! Cannot Render or Export Suddenly--On Deadline!
on Feb 19, 2012 at 2:33:29 pm

OK, I think I fixed it. Shame on me for not Googling it first. If you care, I'll tell you what I did to fix it. If not, you know...I won't. Thanks for reading anyway!

Dave George
Marketing Director

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Feb 19, 2012 at 3:26:55 pm

[Dave George] " If you care, I'll tell you what I did to fix it. If not, you know...I won't."
Sure we care.
What you did?
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Tina Hedegaard
on Feb 20, 2012 at 8:33:50 am

I think I've seen that error message sometimes, when I forgot to turn on my monitors before turning on the computer. Then there's something with the video card, I think that the computer doesn't regonize the video card.

Yours Sincerely

Tina Hedegaard
Editor | Final Cut Pro 7 | Media Composer 5.0 -5.5
Mac OS 10.6.7

Return to posts index

Dave George
on Feb 21, 2012 at 6:20:56 pm

Well, I'll tell ya, I knew it had nothing to do with the monitor, since I was on my Macbook Pro. And other videos rendered fine. I found the answer via Google search, which, not surprisingly, pointed me right back here, to a post from a while ago. (I can't find the post now, otherwise I'd link to it.)

Basically, the problem was the frame size/aspect ration/compressor combination which made FCP think there was no preset for it. Or something. The suggestion which I tried (and which worked) was just to open a new sequence, using the same frame size, time base, aspect ration, etc... BUT to change the compressor settings to DV/DVCPRO-NTSC.

One thing I learned, though, is to not do that until you're done editing, otherwise you'll be rendering ever five seconds.

Dave George
Marketing Director

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]