FORUMS: list search recent posts

Playback stutters in canvas, new monitors the only change

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zach Mershon
Playback stutters in canvas, new monitors the only change
on Feb 18, 2012 at 11:24:58 pm

Hi everyone, I replaced my 1680x1050 computer monitors yesterday with 2 Dell U2410s (1920x1200) and am now experiencing stuttering in the canvas on playback. These are clips that played correctly that same morning on the old monitors. For the record, the sequence matched the DVCPro HD 720p footage and everything was rendered. RT Safe, full framerate, full quality. The stutter happens on '100%' and 'fit to window.' Mostly on pan and scenes with high movement. I am not using Digital Cinema Desktop. When hooked up to old firewire monitoring, motion was smooth on SD monitor.

Could the increased resolution of the new monitors be causing my low framerate/stuttering in the canvas?

I am aware that the canvas does not offer proper broadcast monitoring and I will most likely be installing a Blackmagic Intensity Pro. In addition to HD monitoring, would this alleviate my current graphics card to play the canvas in full framerate again? Or will I never be able to do that with these monitors? It is so distracting even if I have a proper monitor through I/O that plays correctly.

Snow Leopard
FCP 6.0.6
ATI Radeon 5770
Dell U2410s through DVI and MiniDisplayport->DVI adapter
12-core Intel Mac Pro
8GB RAM

Thanks for any help or suggestions

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Playback stutters in canvas, new monitors the only change
on Feb 19, 2012 at 12:03:39 am

It sounds almost as if your newer, better monitors are allowing you to see problems that existed before, but which were essentially hidden from view.

Are you absolutely certain your video and sequence settings match?

What codec are you editing, what's the frame rate, and what are your seq. settings?

David Roth Weiss
ProMax Systems
Burbank
DRW@ProMax.com
http://www.ProMax.com

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Neil Ryan
Re: Playback stutters in canvas, new monitors the only change
on Feb 21, 2012 at 6:17:12 am

Is it possible that a window overlaps the Canvas? This can cause that issue.
Have you tried the default window layout? (Control+U)

Neil.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]