FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intel Macs won't recognize FW800 DSR-20

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Schafer
Intel Macs won't recognize FW800 DSR-20
on Feb 18, 2012 at 5:01:35 pm

I just upgraded to a new Mac, the 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon. It's running Mac OSX Lion 10.7.3.

I had a DSR-20 hooked up to my old G5 via a FW400 digital cable that attaches to the deck. Everything worked fine. After upgrading to the Intel Mac, I had to change the cable from the DSR-20, the FW400, to a new FW800 cable. Did that, and now FCP 7.03 won't recognize the deck. The system profiler doesn't see it either.

I've searched a number of forums and have found that this is a pretty common problem but I haven't found a solution that works for my system. Has anybody experienced this problem? How did you get the deck back into the party???

Thanks - CoolPixx

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Intel Macs won't recognize FW800 DSR-20
on Feb 19, 2012 at 1:36:29 pm

Make sure the firewire bus isn't bad... connect a drive or some other device to it, and see if the system sees it. If it doesn't, better get to an apple store and service.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Michael Schafer
Re: Intel Macs won't recognize FW800 DSR-20
on Feb 19, 2012 at 4:49:15 pm

Thanks Jerry for your time to respond to my question.

I was finally able to join the Mac to the deck via FCP settings. I'd messed with them prior but had no success. Went back in and did pretty much the same adjustments and, boom! It now recognizes the deck.

Thanks again...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]