FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Manager reel and clip duration are messed up

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Chavinsky
Media Manager reel and clip duration are messed up
on Feb 18, 2012 at 3:05:19 am

Hi,

I used Media Manager to move a project from a hard drive I have to give back soon, and when I open the media manager copy, there are clips disconnected and when I try to connect them, it tells me the reel and clip duration is wrong. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Media Manager reel and clip duration are messed up
on Feb 18, 2012 at 4:26:04 am

Does all of the footage have reel numbers? It must. Is any media in a non-editing codec like h.264?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Dave Chavinsky
Re: Media Manager reel and clip duration are messed up
on Feb 20, 2012 at 12:59:07 am

I don't think I recorded any reel numbers on this footage so that is probably the problem. The projects I'm editing are from a job I stumbled into barely have done any video editing.. so I didn't really have a system or any idea what I was doing.

So, in the future, its really important to put reel numbers on everything during import to avoid this problem? They don't put anything by default I suppose. Is there any way to put reel numbers to a batch of footage?

Also, all of my footage thats from a Motion4 project is missing. So, I go into each motion project find the source file and drag it over. Media Manager doesn't copy assets from a Motion project? Would it fix this if for every Motion project I saved, I selected "Copy to Folder"? I haven't been doing this.

I got Media Manager to work well enough, but I can't use handles. If it has the whole source files, I guess the reel number doesn't matter, maybe. I'm definately going to imput reel numbers from now on. This problem has been driving me insane for so long!! I really appreciate the tip and hope it does the trick.

Thanks!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]