FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transferring a sequence from one timeline to another problems

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Cahoon
Transferring a sequence from one timeline to another problems
on Feb 15, 2012 at 11:20:52 pm

So I have a completed sequence that I have tried to copy and paste into a separate timeline, but whenever I do this the video and audio are thrown out of sync. And its not just the whole video track is off, but the length of the clips themselves have been changed as well.

If anyone knows how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Transferring a sequence from one timeline to another problems
on Feb 15, 2012 at 11:23:25 pm

Do the frame rates match exactly?

Return to posts index

Patrick Cahoon
on Feb 15, 2012 at 11:30:31 pm

The Full story is that I shot a music video in HD but accidentally edited it in SD. So I created a new timeline set for HD with the intent to transfer the video in then adjust the scaling and aspect ratio on the clips individually, but as you know I have not gotten that far

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Feb 16, 2012 at 12:02:38 am

[Patrick Cahoon] "The Full story is that I shot a music video in HD but accidentally edited it in SD."

You realized your mistake but you did not choose the correct sequence setting that matches the codec, frame rate and frame size of what you shot. There are many flavors of HD. Choose the right one.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Patrick Cahoon
on Feb 16, 2012 at 12:19:23 am

Yes, but now that I need to put the old sequence into the new timeline when I paste it in all the clips get changed

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 16, 2012 at 12:38:44 am

....which means, based on the available information, that you have to readjust the clips or follow the advice above.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Feb 16, 2012 at 4:12:17 am

...and if you do not know how to do that, re-edit from the beginning. FCP can figure the sequence settings for you.

There is a lot of information you are not telling us so we can only guess.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Feb 16, 2012 at 10:22:44 am

[Patrick Cahoon] "Yes, but now that I need to put the old sequence into the new timeline when I paste it in all the clips get changed"
There is no problems if the sequences differs in size, pixels aspect or field order (you can fix that removing attributes), the problem is when the sequences differ in time-base.
You need both sequences having the same time-base or as is happening to you, all the clips will get out of sync and you will need to redo eveything.
You haven't said yet which is your fSD sequence time-base, neither your footage time-base.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Patrick Cahoon
on Feb 16, 2012 at 4:14:06 pm

I apologize If I came off impatient last night, I was just getting a little frustrated. What I have figured out since then (following the above information) is that I shot in 24 fps, but as part of the down conversion that happened in my original edit the timeline became set to 30 fps and this was creating my copy/paste problem

Now a fix that I have figured out is that I created a duplicate of the timeline and manually changed the frame size of the sequence to 1920x1080. From here I am changing the scaling and aspect ration to restore the original quality.

I really appreciate everyones help and if anyone sees any problems with my method I would greatly appreciate the advice.

Thanks again

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]