FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiple round trips between FCP and Soundtrack Pro with sequences updated in both?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Collin Bradford
Multiple round trips between FCP and Soundtrack Pro with sequences updated in both?
on Feb 15, 2012 at 9:20:05 pm

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to do what's described in the title. (FCP 7, STP 3) I created a multitrack STP project from my FCP sequence, worked on it, and exported it back to FCP. It opens fine in FCP. After working more in FCP is there a way to update the STP multitrack project to reflect the changes I have made to the video in FCP? I don't want to create a new multitrack project because I now have a mixdown in my FCP timeline and I want to have access to the multiple tracks of the original STP project.

Can I work back and forth between Final Cut Pro and Soundtrack Pro with both of them updating sequences to reflect what I have done in the other program?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Multiple round trips between FCP and Soundtrack Pro with sequences updated in both?
on Feb 15, 2012 at 10:04:07 pm

Sadly, that kind of trick should only be used when you have Picture Lock, and no further changes can be made.

If you can, try opening and earlier project from your Autosaved project files.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Collin Bradford
Re: Multiple round trips between FCP and Soundtrack Pro with sequences updated in both?
on Feb 15, 2012 at 10:27:52 pm

Too bad. Thanks for saving me the time of trying to make it work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]