FORUMS: list search recent posts

Heal time code.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jonas Bengtsson
Heal time code.
on Feb 15, 2012 at 7:42:37 am

Have an old DV-project in FCP 7, and now it is up for remastering. 10 hours (10 reels)

I doing the recapture song, a the two first reels went ok.

The third one, aproximat half way in there is probably some kind of droped frame/time code break, witch is quit normal, BUT the time code restarts from 00:00:00:00.

Is it a way to make "heal" the time code.

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
Re: Heal time code.
on Feb 15, 2012 at 9:50:48 am

If you can identify a unique frame of what you know the correct tc, it's easy. Use Modify timecode from the menu.

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pros

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 15, 2012 at 3:27:23 pm

What happened is that someone stopped the camera, played back what they shot, and then when the shot ended, they pressed stop. But not until after the tape rolled past the last image for a second or two. So then when they started recording, the camera didn't pick up where it left off...it started over, as if the tape was brand new. So, the timecode on the tape itself started over at 00:00:00:00.

This happens VERY often.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
on Feb 15, 2012 at 4:33:55 pm

ah, now i understand the original question...

Start recapturing when the tape is in the new TC.
But obviously you don't know what the 'good' part is. That is why on ingest the guy doing the offline 'should' have made a new reelnumber.

It sucks, and you're in for a lot of work...

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pros

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Feb 15, 2012 at 4:38:31 pm

Ugh. Hate inheriting stuff like this. Last time this happened to me, I was fixing random wrong shots all over the show because the same timecode numbers appeared in multiple places on the tape and the assistant did not assign a new reel number to any of it. Just kept telling myself the meter was running (paid by the hour).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]