FORUMS: list search recent posts

final cut general error

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Schmidtbauer
final cut general error
on Feb 14, 2012 at 9:36:53 pm

I keep getting a general error message when trying to render out a timeline, I know this is pretty general..LOL...but anyone have any ideas?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: final cut general error
on Feb 14, 2012 at 10:04:08 pm

Have any still images in the timeline? are they over 4000pixels on any side? If so, you will get that error. FCP has a 4K limit on image sizes. You'll need to resize them to under 4000 pixels.

Any of those images CMYK color space (print work)...and not RBG? If so, you need to change them to RGB.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Ed Durbrow
on Feb 22, 2012 at 11:49:26 pm

I may be having the same problem. When I try to export or render, I get a General Error message. However, this may have something to do with me working off of a new disk. I managed to clone everything from my video backup (sic) to my new 2 TB disk called Video which I intend to use as my main video disk. At first I couldn't save, then I opened Get Info and checked "Ignore ownership on this volume" and was able to save. But, I cannot export or render. I tried restarting FCP.

I have 27 tiff images I scanned. 4K is really small. Did I read that right? Several are in the 2000 x 1200 frame size range. How would I reduce these easily? I was able to render on the old drive. It seems this must have something to do with cloning that data to my new drive.
Thank you in advance,

Return to posts index

Ed Durbrow
on Feb 22, 2012 at 11:53:34 pm

I couldn't see the previous post when I replied. I should be safe as none of my images comes close to 4000 on one side. So I'm still stymied.
TIA

Return to posts index

Ed Durbrow
on Feb 23, 2012 at 2:59:03 am

Well, restarting the computer seemed to solve the issue. I had restarted FCP, but that wasn't enough.
Thank you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]