FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photo montage: match timeline to PNG settings so don't have to render?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ella Currer
Photo montage: match timeline to PNG settings so don't have to render?
on Feb 14, 2012 at 4:01:44 pm

Hi, I need to create a 20 minute, 23.98fps sequence made from all still png images (no video).

Problem: even with no layering (just one still image on video layer 1), I can't seem to make a sequence that doesn't require at least proxy rendering. I have changed my timeline's settings to match my still image exactly but I still have to render. Thinking I might be missing something, I tried to automatically match the images' properties by dragging one into a new timeline and saying yes to the "Change sequence settings to match the clip settings?" but that only works for movies- dragging a still image into a sequence doesn't prompt that message. Any ideas on how to work with PNGs without needing to render?

The still images are all PNG, they vary in size from 1920x1080 to 2990x1361. Pixel Aspect Ratio is square.
The timeline is set at 23.98fps, 1920x1080. I've tried Apple ProRes, PNG, DVCPRO HD 1080p30. Square pixel aspect ratio and not. All require rendering.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Rob Grauert
Re: Photo montage: match timeline to PNG settings so don't have to render?
on Feb 14, 2012 at 4:29:40 pm

Still images always need rendering. So work in a ProRes timeline to ensure top quality. If you need real-time playback, changing your RT setting to Unlimited may allow for it.

Rob Grauert, Jr.
http://www.robgrauert.com
command-r.tumblr.com

Return to posts index

Ella Currer
on Feb 14, 2012 at 4:41:31 pm

Thank you for your reply.
I do get the orange render bar using Unlimited playback so I can see the stills play but there is a lag (it doesn't play back real time). Since I need real time playback looks like I'll have to render. My computer has 8GB of memory. I doubt upping that would change anything?
Ella

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Feb 14, 2012 at 4:55:37 pm

[Ella Currer] "Hi, I need to create a 20 minute, 23.98fps sequence made from all still png images (no video).

The still images are all PNG, they vary in size from 1920x1080 to 2990x1361. Pixel Aspect Ratio is square.
The timeline is set at 23.98fps, 1920x1080. I've tried Apple ProRes, PNG, DVCPRO HD 1080p30. "

It sounds as if you're dealing with two different things:
1) a 23.976fps -- the REAL frame rate, by the way -- PNG image sequence, comprising the lion's share of the program
2) other PNG images requiring either re-sizing or minor animation during the program.

They need to be treated in two different ways. But first we need to know if the above is true.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]