FORUMS: list search recent posts

Issues with rendered output! FCP looks great, but when rendered and compressed to DVD it look terrible!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Wyse
Issues with rendered output! FCP looks great, but when rendered and compressed to DVD it look terrible!
on Feb 13, 2012 at 7:51:31 pm

We have been working on a production in FCP from multiple white-screen footage of subjects and had to perform some extensive color correction in order for it to look good.

We were finally able get the production to look good in FCP. However, after rendering and compression, the footage is "whited out" or has too much grain and does not look acceptable for at all. Had to do this as I need to sell the product on DVD and most people do not use Blueray or hd dvd's. Had to render it to SD - in widescreen. This is apparently where everything has fallen apart production wise.

Any ideas on what we could do?
Hardware is MacPro 8 core, 16gb ram using final cut studio (latest before X). Still using stock GT120 video card.

At this stage, I need to know if I have a camera that is not able to get the footage I need (Sony Z5U) or if it's the graphics card, or am I missing some sort of after affect or plugin????

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Jon-Erik Wyse

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]