FORUMS: list search recent posts

Compressor 3.5.3 name truncation and shortcut not working

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Vernon
Compressor 3.5.3 name truncation and shortcut not working
on Feb 13, 2012 at 7:41:05 pm

I've recently upgraded to FCP 7 and thus upgraded from Compressor 3.0 to 3.5.3. This upgrade threw some unforseen wrenches into my workflow and I wondered if anyone might have some solutions.

Issue A: In Compressor 3.0 the shortcut of Command + Option + S would submit the current batch. In 3.5.3 the manual says the shortcut is Command + Option + / but that key command does nothing. Has anyone discovered the shortcut to submit a batch? I submit upwards of 40 batches a day and the shortcut is extremely helpful in saving a few minutes of work.

Issue B: In FCP 6 when you would export to Compressor the FCP project name would be added to the name of the compressor output by default. In FCP 7 and Compressor 3.5.3 the FCP project name is no longer added. Is there a way to regain this function? Also when you submit a batch in 3.5.3 the name of the batch now defaults to 'Untitled' instead of the first item in the batch. As I mentioned I set up 40 batches a day with sometimes 25 to 30 items per batch. Having to rename all of these to follow my old (and vastly more efficient) workflow is a nightmare.

Any help on either issue would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved