FORUMS: list search recent posts

memory problem with final cut pro mac pro

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
King Law
memory problem with final cut pro mac pro
on Feb 13, 2012 at 8:30:50 am

i have a mac pro 8gigs ram, 3.0ghz quad core and ive been using it to edit my videos never had any issues,But lately i cant render anything over 6mins long its quitting when its almost complete saying its out of memory i have 8gigs of rum and i have rendered movies longer than what im trying to render now, Im running mac osx 10.6 I tried to install Lion but when i run the installer it says i cant upgrade to this os :-( im not trying to upgrade i want a clean install but cant do that either please someone help me with one or both issues PLEASE!!!!

Return to posts index

Neil Patience
Re: memory problem with final cut pro mac pro
on Feb 13, 2012 at 10:03:38 am

One possible cause of the "out of memory" issue is because you have large stills in your sequence. If you have stills that exceed 4000 pixels you are likely to get an out of memory error.

If that is the case just reduce the size of the stills and you should find the memory error goes away.

This wont help with the OS upgrade issue however - I am not sure what that problem might be.

best wishes
Neil
http://www.patience.tv

Return to posts index

King Law
Re: memory problem with final cut pro mac pro
on Feb 14, 2012 at 9:46:51 am

Thank u very much u maybe right because this particular project im trying to render has more than 10 stills and i didnt pay attention to the resolution i will look into that and i will let you know if reducing the resolution of the still images solves the problem . About the OS installation im trying to install it from a flash drive the I restarted the computer, presed the C key and the installers launches fine but when i choose a clean install it tells me that i can upgrade to this os :-( maybe that helps! again thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]