FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM and MACPro 2.4 issue

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nitin kulkarni
XDCAM and MACPro 2.4 issue
on Feb 13, 2012 at 7:53:22 am

hi

sorry i am little desperate to re post this issue. according to my observation working in fcp 7 with XDCAM 50mbps on the macpro 2.4 causes more crashing.

it just work fine with imac, macbookpro and older macpros.

my question is, if Xdcam being long GOP causing problem to fcp, because it is processor intense coded why it work relatively fine with other systems?

can all the guys out here confirm that, is the macpro 2.4 having frequent crash than other systems working with xdcam ?

Regards
Nitin

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: XDCAM and MACPro 2.4 issue
on Feb 13, 2012 at 9:41:30 am

Try using a ProRes sequence and see what happens.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

nitin kulkarni
on Feb 13, 2012 at 3:23:46 pm

hi

thats the first thing everybody suggest and i have already tried it

regards
nitin

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Feb 13, 2012 at 4:12:07 pm

Hi Nitin,
I remember you wrote few weeks ago.
Is true that two or three years ago used to be a lot of complains of people with 8 cores MPs when working with XDCAM stuff, but seems that the issues where fixed because lately I do not read posts complaining.
Have you tried something like optimizing your system (permissions, Diskwarrior, etc)?
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 13, 2012 at 5:14:30 pm

Well, that isn't normal behavior. I have been able to edit XDCAM native without much issue. I tended to use ProRes sequences to make things snappier. So something else might be going on. How much RAM do you have? What sort of hard drive do you have to store this footage on? How is it connected?

You can try to trash your preferences and see if stability improves. Use the PReference Manager from DigitalRebellion.com (free).

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

nitin kulkarni
on Feb 14, 2012 at 6:53:17 am

hi

Shane which mac u r using?

Rafael: i have tried running repair permissions(not tried running disk warrior on bootable drive), tried clean re installation, tried keeping sequence setting to proress.

after sometime i get green blue flashes, multiple frames on internal screen
and application quits suddenly. in addition i get codec error, out of memory error while rendering or exporting quite often. and this is not happening on any particular macpro(2.4) its happening on on all the 2.4 macpro i have. but..but if i take same project on the imac it just work fine. i thought it might be the video card issue which i am using for third monitor output. so took off the card and uninstall the driver. but no luck.

shane and Rafael are guys working on macpro 2.4 westmere?

can anybody confirm, working on 2.4 westmere with xdcam happily?

regards
nitin

macpro 2.4 16GB RAM 4TB internal SATA (Seagate 7200 RPM) Decklink 3D HD video cards mac os 10.7.3 FCP 7.0.3

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Feb 14, 2012 at 1:24:37 pm

[nitin kulkarni] "shane and Rafael are guys working on macpro 2.4 westmere?"
No. MBP here.Core2 Duo and Two cores i7.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 14, 2012 at 5:19:46 pm

3.0Ghz Octo Westermere here. But I admit that most of the time I convert XDCAM to ProRes. Only on the short rush jobs have I kept it XDCAM. And even then, I used a ProRes sequence.

Shane
Little Frog Post

Return to posts index

nitin kulkarni
on Feb 20, 2012 at 8:05:26 am

hi

this is the experiment i have done. I took mac hd and media dive and same project from my new mac pro 2.4 and put it in to my five year old mac pro 2.66 it just work smooth and without quit for two hours with xdcam hd 422 after that I stop checking.

regards
nitin

Return to posts index

Rohit Shivdasani
on Mar 27, 2012 at 1:12:55 pm

Hi Nitin,

Have you tried working on MP 2.26GHz ......We are facing similar issues of constant crashes....need your feedback if you managed to resolve by using older mac systems and if yes which ones?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]