FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to import files from Sony HDR-CX160 to FCP7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Lundberg
Trying to import files from Sony HDR-CX160 to FCP7
on Feb 12, 2012 at 11:09:13 pm

I can't find a good solution to this anywhere.

The non-profit I work for had an intern record an event they put on last week using a Sony HDR-CX160 camera.

This camera records to AVCHD but with a .mts file extension. Log and Transfer ain't having it and Handbrake seems to spit out really poor quality conversions even after tweaking with the settings forever.

Has anyone ever experience this kind of shenanigans before with this or another Sony camera, and did you find a good solution to get around this?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Trying to import files from Sony HDR-CX160 to FCP7
on Feb 13, 2012 at 12:04:16 am

Clipwrap 2 by divergentmedia.com

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Patrick Lundberg
on Feb 13, 2012 at 1:43:29 am

Yeah, several people have mentioned Clipwrap to me. Also Brorsoft
s mts coverter. I was hoping for a solution that did not involve a $60 shell out.

I've experimented a bit using my PC vs my Mac and I found that importing the footage from the camera to the PC, using handbrake on the PC and then converting the handbrake file on my mac using the mac version of MPEG streamclip to ProRes was not too bad. There is a little generation loss, but that is settings mostly, and of course there is the time factor which is significant.

Return to posts index

Seth Evanoff
on Feb 21, 2012 at 4:17:10 pm

Open final cut. Turn on the HDR-CX160. Attach the USB cable. Choose USB connect on the camcorder. In FCP use Shift + Command + 8 to log and capture. The files on your camera should show up. I just did this yesterday and it worked great. FCP loves the AVCHD format. Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]