FORUMS: list search recent posts

Combining sequences with video with different frame rates

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Austin Steele
Combining sequences with video with different frame rates
on Feb 12, 2012 at 6:36:41 pm

I'm working with 2 sequences which both have the same sequence settings (1920x1080 editing timebase: 23.98)

However one of my sequences has footage that was shot at 30p and the other was all shot at 24p. I am trying to combine these 2 sequences and running into a lot of problems. What is the best way to do this? Thanks.

I've even exported both sequences as an .MOV and tried to combine the 2 and still got problems. Any advice is appreciated.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Combining sequences with video with different frame rates
on Feb 12, 2012 at 8:14:44 pm

Settle on the final frame rate. Export the other sequence as a Quicktime file. Use Compressor to change the frame rate, going into the FRAME CONTROLS to adjust settings so that it looks good. Import the result into the main sequence.

Try to avoid shooting different frame rates.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
on Feb 12, 2012 at 8:28:00 pm

I bet adding a pulldown to the 24p will look better than removing frames from the 30p material.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

Current DVD:
http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX - Cinema Displays I have a 22" that I paid 4k for still working. G4 with Kona SD card, and SCSI card.

Return to posts index

Frank Giardina
on Feb 12, 2012 at 8:42:49 pm

You can use Compressor to convert those at 30p to 23.98p. I've done it. It take a while to process them, but it works great. If you want I can send you screen shots of the Compressor settings, send me a message.

Frank Giardina
17 Video Production

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]