FORUMS: list search recent posts

Please save my project!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Morrow
Please save my project!
on Feb 12, 2012 at 2:07:02 am

I started with DSLR T2i footage that I did not convert in FCP 7. I then added JVC-100 footage to the sequence. I exported a quictime movie and burned in DVD Studio Pro using compressor. The result was a jittery DVD. I now want to save the project and give it on time, (it is overdue actually) to the client. Can I save the sequence? Can I change the sequence properties and render. PLEASE HELP!!!!
Patrick Morrow

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Please save my project!
on Feb 12, 2012 at 4:15:37 am

So far we only know the camera codecs. What are your sequence settings and how did you get from FCP to DVDSP.

Also can you describe what you mean by jittery and how were you watching the DVD. Interlace settings for the sequence and DVD are what? What is your frame rate and do the frame rates match between the two cameras and the sequence.

Is it only the DVD that looks jittery and how are you monitoring FCP (external monitor etc.

Return to posts index

Patrick Morrow
on Feb 12, 2012 at 4:48:07 am

I got from FCP by exporting from current project settings and made a self contained Quicktime movie. Then into compressor and used 120 minute DVD setting. The jitter was when any movement occured at all.
I changed my project settings to XD Cam per someones opinion on a website. I am truly stuck at the moment.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 12, 2012 at 9:05:06 am

Your sequence settings should be ProRes. Whoever said XDCAM needs to be shot. Neither sources are XDCAM, and it is a complex format.

If you did NOT convert the H.264 that the Canon shoots, then, well...bad. ALWAYS convert that to ProRes. But since you have no time, make a ProRes sequence that matches the frame rate of both formats (please tell me the frame rates match)...and then put your footage into that sequence.

Next time...convert to ProRes. Like this:

Tapeless Workflow for FCP 7 Tutorial

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Feb 12, 2012 at 4:15:50 am

oops double post

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>