FORUMS: list search recent posts

Issues with 7D and 5D transcoding

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Renee Baltsen
Issues with 7D and 5D transcoding
on Feb 11, 2012 at 1:11:11 am

I am running Final Cut 6. I am trying to upload my files from 5D and 7D footage. I was given the files not in their original folder, so I have tried to recreate the file name folders. Each time I try this and then go to upload the footage I get this error:

"100EOS7D" has invalid directory structure. Please choose a folder whose directory structure matches the supported media.

I am not sure what else I need to do? I also have downloaded the plugin for the Canon and it says it's uploaded. So, seeing if there is something maybe I'm missing, or have overlooked.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Jeff Meyer
Re: Issues with 7D and 5D transcoding
on Feb 11, 2012 at 5:04:02 am

Convert them to ProRes through Streamclip or Compressor. The faux timecode (generated from the time of day when the file is written) won't come along for the ride unless you go through Log and Transfer, but Final Cut editing will work normally.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Feb 11, 2012 at 5:58:25 am

The folder contains MOV files and MVI files. The other files contain metadata FCP needs to log and transfer. Missing those, FCP won't import.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Renee Baltsen
on Feb 11, 2012 at 6:38:01 am

I have the MVI_filename.Mov files as well as the MVI_THM files. Still not reading.

Return to posts index

John Pale
on Feb 11, 2012 at 6:15:00 pm

[Renee Baltsen] "I have the MVI_filename.Mov files as well as the MVI_THM files. Still not reading."

You need more than the files. You need to have the files in the exact folder structure they were on the card.

Return to posts index

Ryan Holmes
on Feb 11, 2012 at 8:21:14 pm

If you need to transcode them just do what Jeff said above. You won't be using FCP since you don't have the exact card structure anymore. You can use MPEG Streamclip, 5DtoRGB, Quicktime Pro or Compressor to transcode. Just open the .MOV file and go to work.

Ryan Holmes
http://www.ryanholmes.com
vimeo.com/ryanholmes

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]