FORUMS: list search recent posts

Issues with capturing and edit to tape on 10.7.2

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Orion McCaw
Issues with capturing and edit to tape on 10.7.2
on Feb 9, 2012 at 12:17:42 am

Hey, I've done quite a lot of searching for this and have come up with next to nothing.

First let me give you my specs. I'm running a Mac Pro. 2 x 2.26 Ghz Quad Core Xeon, 6GB DDR3 Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512 MB running OS 10.7.2

I'm connected to a Sony SRW-5500 through a AJA Kona LHi (running most current firmware/software) using RS 422 for deck control with video and audio going through HD-SDI, capturing to an internal RAID drive with over a TB free. FCP version 7.0.3

First I'll layout the capture problem.

When I try to batch capture any logged clips (currently the project is DF 1080i 29.97 ProRes 422 (HQ) but this issue is not limited to this frame rate/codec) everything appears to be fine and sound fine while I'm capturing the footage. Once it's done capturing it seems to change the out point of the clip and worst of all the audio is completely messed up. It drops out completely in some parts, almost as if it's being edited and then goes totally out of sync.

I have tried a few things to trouble shoot this such as changing the format or lowering the codec to something a bit lighter. I have also tried capturing to an external RAID just to rule out the drive. I've tripple checked both my deck and my capture presets to make sure they match up and are both DF but none of this has solved the issue. I should also mention that the audio drops out completely randomly. it will drop out in different spots each time I try to capture the same clip and on the rare try it will capture correctly.

now the edit to tape issue.
Since we've upgraded to Lion I haven't been able to Edit to tape either. I'm editing in the same frame rate/codec listed above. When I go to print, it constantly get's interrupted by drop frames (this also happens in the timeline as well) I've tried to clear out my render files through the render manager. my RT is set to safe. I've tried a few other things but it's been a while now I can't remember exactly what they all are. I've also tried printing from footage stored on an external RAID.

When we were running leopard (not snow leopard) I didn't have any of these issues but we had to upgrade at my work because we are also doing projects on avid MC 6 now. The MC software seems to be running flawlessly and I would just switch everything over to that but we have projects that are mid stream that would be a lot of work to switch over to avid.

Anyone out there had similar issues? am I missing something obvious?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Issues with capturing and edit to tape on 10.7.2
on Feb 9, 2012 at 1:15:15 am

Check the AJA site for the correct drivers for FCP7. If you indeed have the latest drivers, they are for FCPX.

Return to posts index

Orion McCaw
on Feb 9, 2012 at 1:24:55 am

Sorry I should have specified that I have the latest FCP 7 drivers for the LHi which is 10.0.1

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Feb 9, 2012 at 1:32:08 am

I would try rolling back to 9.1 . I presume all other issues like correct reference video etc is properly connected and frame rate & timecode type all match exactly.

Return to posts index

Orion McCaw
on Feb 9, 2012 at 7:50:09 pm

Yep we've checked all that and it all matches up fine. We have also tried 9.1 actually with no luck.

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Feb 28, 2012 at 10:04:49 pm

MC6 does not require LION to run. If you were good with Snow Leopard, that might be a place to start.

jPo

You mean "Old Ben"? Ben Kenobi?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]