FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sound Devices BWF can't import into Soundtrack Pro 3 - No Noise Reduction Tool available

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Frost
Sound Devices BWF can't import into Soundtrack Pro 3 - No Noise Reduction Tool available
on Feb 8, 2012 at 8:48:53 pm

I am trying to bring my BWFs from my Sound Devices 788T-SSD 12 track recorder into FCP 7.0.3 ( or 6.0.6 for that matter). I can import into FCP OK with multi tracks... but I can't bring them into Soundtrack Pro without first converting the BWFs into AIFF format which is a pain in the butt. I have hundreds of files to deal with and would really appreciate a workflow to solve this problem.

Perhaps someone knows of a better way to skin this cat....

BWFs are industry standard files so it seems FCP should be able to deal with them more directly. I am also looking for a workflow to bring my BWFs into Nuendo 5.5.2 for mixing/sweetening and then sending them back into FCP.

Thanks for any help out there.

Jon Frost

Return to posts index

Will Salley
Re: Sound Devices BWF can't import into Soundtrack Pro 3 - No Noise Reduction Tool available
on Feb 8, 2012 at 9:07:03 pm

I've never had a problem doing that. Are the sound files multiple-mono or poly? Do they have the .wav extension or .bwf? I don't believe the recorder will even stamp it with .bwf since several firmware updates back, but I could be wrong. Have you tried to drop and drag the file onto the STP icon instead?

Mac Pro 2x2.8 Quadcore - 10.6.3 - QT 7.6.3 - 22 GB RAM - nvidia8800GT - SATA internal & external storage - Blackmagic Multibridge Pro - Open GL 1.5.10 - Wacom Intous2 tablet - AJA io
SONY XDCAM EX3 - Letus Elite - FC7.0.2 - CS4 Prod Prem.

Return to posts index

Jon Frost
Re: Sound Devices BWF can't import into Soundtrack Pro 3 - No Noise Reduction Tool available
on Feb 8, 2012 at 9:18:28 pm

The files are poly WAV. Up to 12 tracks in some cases. They appear as .WAV in my HDD directory. I will give it a try to drop the files on the STP Icon.

Thanks,

Jon

Return to posts index

Jon Frost
on Feb 8, 2012 at 9:53:17 pm

I tried on my MacPro in FCP 7.0.3 and dropping a multitrack wave file onto the STP Icon. It opens and I can take a slice and Set Noise Print... but Reduce Noise is grayed out.

On my MacBook Pro in FCP 6.0.6 I can drop a file on the STP Icon and it opens. I can take a slice and Set Noise Print. I can then Apple A to select all and then click Reduce Noise. However, I can't play the clip and hear it... nor can I hit Apply... STP just goes to the Rainbow Pinwheel of Death and I have to hit the power switch and hold it to reboot the computer.

DRAT.

Jon

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Feb 8, 2012 at 9:56:33 pm

You can also export an OMF which both STP and Nuendo should be able to load.

Return to posts index

Jon Frost
on Feb 8, 2012 at 10:15:23 pm

Thanks,

Is there any software out there to batch convert my multitrack BWFs to OMF or AIFF?

Return to posts index

Jon Frost
on Feb 8, 2012 at 10:31:56 pm

YYYYEEEAAAHHH!

Open the file in FCP, Apple-A, Click File-Export-For Soundtrack Pro, Open STP. Take a slice of audio in STP - Click Set Noise Print, Apple-A to select All and Click Reduce Noise. You can hear the track play and adjust the NR settings in STP to taste. Click Apply and you have a .MOV clip with or without video depending what you had when you exported for STP.

Persistence pays off. Thanks for all your help.

Jon

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]